Last updated: July 26, 2021, 8:00 am
The province has announced that it will begin entering Stage 3 of the re-opening plan this Friday, July 16th. Your adherence to public health guidelines, your personal sacrficies and community vaccination are bearing fruit as we continue progress towards normality. Things are changing quickly, but there is still much work to do. Re-opening remains a step on the path towards full recovery, but we still need to ensure that we set the foundation for a recovery that benefits everyone. Here are some of the restrictions to be lifted or modified this Friday:
• Limits for social gatherings and organized public events will increase to 25 people indoors and 100 people outdoors.
• Indoor religious services or ceremonies will be limited to the number of people that can maintain two metres physical distancing.
• Retail, indoor dining and outdoor dining will also be limited to the number of people that can maintain two metres physical distancing.
• Establishments with dance floors will be limited to the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres with a maximum capacity of 50 per cent indoors and 50 per cent outdoors.
• Personal cares services can host as many patrons as can maintain 2m physical distancing and will now be permitted to offer services that require the removal of a face covering.
• Facilities for sports and recreational fitness activities will reopen with capacity limited to 50 per cent indoors, spectators limited to 50 per cent of the indoor seating capacity for up to 1000 people, and 50 per cent of the outdoor seating capacity up to 10,000 people.
• Cinemas, museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, outdoor amusement parks, water parks, and gardens will be permitted to operate with capacity limited to 50 per cent indoors and 50 per cent outdoors.
The provincial government has launched its online booking system that can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/. https://vaccineto.ca/sites is a helpful link for individuals looking to search for available resources and sort by a variety of factors such as postal code and booking type.
Watch: Virtual Town Hall on Vaccination
Faisal hosted a vaccine information session with Dr. Sabina Vohra-Miller, Dr. Naheed Dosani, MSC, MD, CCFP(PC), BSc Sudha Kutty VP (Strategy & External Relations, Humber River Hospital), Dr. Zainab Abdurrahman, Dr. David Burt, Dr. Akwatu Khenti and Domenico Callato to answer your questions about vaccines and how the rollout will work in our community.
COVID-19 Office Update
As per the latest recommendations from Ontario Public Service, we will be working from home until further notice. We will continue to serve our constituents through phone and email during our business hours Monday - Friday 10 am to 5 pm.